London Fashion Week A/W13 showcased a whole host of beauties to make winter in the UK a little more bearable. Here are a few collections that caught my attention.
For me, autumn/winter fashion is all about coats, jackets and jumpers. Most days it is so cold in my draughty student house I barely care what I throw on as long as it gets me from my bed and out of the house asap. But a great jumper or jacket can make me feel like I made an effort, when I know I didn't. Aminaka Wilmont, showcased some of the best jackets of the week, with their beautiful oversized blazers and subtly contrasting lapels. They layered a lot of their pieces with sheer patterned shirts and loosely fitted trousers, perfect for autumn. A surprising favourite from the week were the bomber jackets by Christopher Raeburn. I wasn't expecting to like these, as I'm not really a fan of the bomber(or the whole sportswear trend to be honest). Yet Raeburns versions are so well fitted and flattering, I think I've been converted!
My absolute favourite collection of the week was from Antonio Berardi. His simple colour scheme and tailoring resulted in some really elegant pieces. But the highlight of his collection are his dresses, the cut and panelling of which, have created some truly stunning pieces which I would love to own one day. I encourage you to go and have a look at the rest of his collection. If I could include a photo of every piece, I would.
-Laura-







All black and a bright lip is a style philosophy I live by religiously, so you can imagine my excitement when sass & bide, Zoë Jordan and Preen by Thornton Bregazzi all emulated this in their LFW A/W 13 collections.I especially loved the stereotypical British monochrome prints mixed with neon pink and orange in Zoë Jordan’s show and yellow in sass & bide’s, emulsifying the androgynous and slightly boxy feel of the structured jackets with a feminine punch of colour.
Preen by Thornton Bregazzi however, took my beloved philosophy one step further, alternating between high neck and deep V dresses, another concept I swear by. The sheer, embellished fabrics paired with jet black added such a glamorous touch to their collection, and it reminded me of a playsuit from Topshop I have in my wardrobe (which I will most definitely be wearing now). Yet again, the subtle pop of cornflower blues and coral linings across the neck, and in the shoes, completed the outfits in a way that I am sure will be adored (and replicated) by many. I can’t wait to see these trends in the high street.
-Anna Grace -




I like to think of myself as a style chameleon. I don't have a certain look, one day it's a
sun dress and the next it's boyfriend jeans. My LFW highlights are definitely proof of this!
I'll start at Temperley London. OhMyGodWowIWantIt. The gorgeous clean lines, the delicate fabrics, the professional monochrome; it was just stunning. One peice in particular that caught my eye is this incredible dress. Although it is both floor length and long sleeved, it's just so sexy! The incredible sequinned detail create a really feminine line, and the waved stripes created a nautical vitage vibe. Other pieces from the collection showcased beaded necklines; very Cleopatra.
At a polar opposite is Ashish. This, I have to say, appeals to my very dressed down street style. Paying homage to the working woman, this collection is a playful mashup of street influences. I feel like I need this sequined top in my life.
It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it certainly is mine! If you get a chance to check out the spring summer collection, you may be presently suprised to find that you (yes you) have been wearing that trend.
I'll end on something in the middle and much more agreeable: Burberry. I'm not convinced that words can adequately describe or celebrate the beauty that is the pencil skirt. So thank you, Burberry, for keeping the pencil skirt in fashion and making me need a snake print one.




-Shannon-