Holiday Style: Part 1

Hi Fashionsoc! The holiday's are over but that doesn't mean the style is too! Here's a roundup of my holiday looks. 





This was my travelling outfit. Since I was going to Menorca, there was no doubt that the weather was going to be very hot so  wearing  something that was simple, comfortable yet ideal for the moment I stepped off the plane was essential. I chose to wear my peacocks high - waisted black shorts, my favourite H&M 'M' Tee and  black sandals which were such a good buy as they match almost everything (and they were only from Primark!!!)so cheap and useful when you don't want to pack too many shoes.  accessorised with a chunky gold necklace, which are very 'in' this season. Chunky jewellery can make any plain outfit look that bit more interesting which is why I love this trend. And finally the hat, which in my opinion is a holiday must have!



On day 2 we decided to explore our local town. I wore my H&M leopard print playsuit, gold sandals and of course, my hat! I accessorized with a gold waterfall necklace, just to add a little more 'oomph' to the outfit. Playsuits are great ready- to-wear outfits for summer. I particularly like this one as the print hides any unwanted lumps and bumps!


This printed Stella McCartney jumpsuit from the spring/summer '13 catwalk is super chic . Jumpsuits and playsuits can easily be adapted to be worn from day to night, just with a simple change of accessories and a pair of heels. Jumpsuits are also a good option if you don't want to show off your legs but still be on trend and edgy.


Day 3, I wore this black T-shirt which although can't be seen, had a velvet design on the front and a cut out back. This tube style skirt which I wore was actually a long boob tube top which I wasn't overly keen on so I transformed into a skirt! I really liked the colour of the skirt so wanted that to stand out which is why I teamed it with black.



Pencil skirts and straight dresses are everywhere this season and I love them! They are very feminine and look great if you have curves. If however, you're a little conscious about showing any lumps or bumps and don't have any good pull in pants, a printed pencil skirt is always a good option. The outfit shown above is from the Burberry spring/summer '13 catwalk.




Day 4, I wore my favourite funky trousers! These were from the H&M sale about a year ago. I love the print, and the silky material makes them very lightweight and comfortable to wear in the heat. They were also a good outfit option for me on that particular day as I had sun burnt legs (oops..).  I accessorized with a short pearl necklace (which can't really be seen) and a purple head band, to complement the purple in the trousers. Since the trousers were such a statement piece, I kept the top half simple by wearing a plain baggy vest top. These trousers are best worn with an understated top half or if you feel daring, a clashing print such as that on the Dolce and Gabbana catwalk.
Dolce and Gabbana 

Emilio Pucci

 I noticed that these loose printed trousers were very popular and trendy in Menorca and other Mediterranean countries and could be found in many bright colours and patterns. Bright colours look great in the sunshine and immediately make you feel much happier when wearing them! The photo below is one I took of some of the trousers in a boutique I visited. The printed trouser trend was also all over the catwalk this season!

On day 5 we went to explore the main city and went on a boat trip along the coast, which was so beautiful! I wore my high-waisted blue shorts along with my colourful chiffon top which had a little tie on the front (from the asda sale-can you believe it?!), along with my tan peep toes from monsoon.



I love high-waisted shorts, skirts and trousers! They are very flattering and feminine as they draw attention to the waist and accentuate curves. They can also be worn casually or smartened up with a jacket for a more tailored look. The shorts shown in the picture above are a great summer colour and are from the Fendi spring/summer '13 collection.


Day 6, I wore a river island maxi skirt with a gold and black studded belt, black crop top and bangle. This skirt is one of my favourite colours and looks great in the sunshine! Maxi skirts and dresses are so good for the hot weather as they are very feminine and classy but cool without showing off too much skin. They also can easily be worn from day to night.             
Christian Dior
Viktor & Rolf

Crop tops are also very on trend this season-bringing back the 90's! (in a slightly more stylish way). If like me, you don't want to show off too much stomach, they are great to put with high waisted bottoms to highlight your waist without showing too much flesh.




On day 7 we spent the day at the beach and in a small fishing town which is why I wore this casual  vest top and denim shorts combo with my bikini underneath. I like the raspberry colour of the vest top and you can't go wrong with a bit of denim! I tucked the top into the shorts and added a belt just to make the outfit a little less slouchy. Tan coloured belts and shoes are always handy as they match almost everything!


Tommy Hilfiger






That evening we went out for dinner so I changed into this H&M chiffon leopard print maxi (got to love a bit of animal print!) and teamed it up with a gold buckled waist belt just to add definition. I then wore a black camisole with gold chain straps from Primark, which I love! This has to be my favourite maxi skirt as it falls really nicely due to the chiffon fabric. I kept the accessories very minimal as the print on the skirt was quite busy.

Emilio Pucci

Issa London

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.