Work Placement Style Guide: Part I


 Monday 

  


I started my placement off with my favourite French Connection  trouser: navy blue and black check. It's always a good idea to wear something you love on day 1! You'll feel so much better in it! These trousers are very comfy and have a great fit, slightly baggier at the top but tight at the bottom, giving a slightly curvier impression. They also make my legs look impressively long which is a bonus if you're short like me! I teamed it with my favourite brown boots. Although it's good to go with what you love, these aren't the most practical in an office! But I do love them and they go so well! The blouse if one I bought last year from H&M but never wore too much. The collar is a gorgeous floral lace and although it's sheer (potentially a big no-no in an office), doing your top button up offsets that!

Tuesday

This was my favourite outfit of the week!  There's nothing cooler than boldly patterned trousers in my opinion. Add some Riri style stilettos and a sheer black blouse and your killing it. Again, this trousers have a higher waistband and make my legs look great! The trousers are so bold that the rest of the outfit has to be understated and plain. I do feel like I'm missing an envelope clutch 

though! Perhaps in turquoise? 
Anyway, team some bold trousers with a black shirt for a simple yet effective look. 




Wednesday
Now, Wednesday is always the hardest day for me to get up and out of bed. It was raining and horrible and I just wanted to throw anything on to get to work. I opted for some plain black trousers (always handy) and my Ralph Lauren shirt and knitted jumper. It's such a preppy look and so easy to get right! It suits a lot of shapes as well. My personal favourite thing about the look is the fact that my hair makes me look like one of the triplets from Brave. 
 
 

 
Thursday
Print Clash Alert! If you can, do. These monochrome houndstooth trousers are SO COMFY! Topshop have created a selection of oh so comfy, oh so stylish trousers. The high waist again means longer legs! The floral shirt adds a print clash, but a very subtle one for those who don't want to brave clashing vibrant prints. Keeping it monochrome creates the match. The brown leather boots are just because I love them!


Friday
Friday is dress down day! So, you won't find a photo of it here!
To see more of my style follow me on Tumblr: whatiwearwhen.tumblr.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.